INVENT PEACE !
Lets Save Ourselves !
Tips n Tricks solutions cont.
AOL won't send file, says its open in another program etc; 1. Try first to see if there is an icon for a program on the taskbar that could be using the file. 2. if not then try to reduce the size of the Name of the file , detach from email, then goto folder , and rename the file with a shorter name, then reattach the file in aol, and send. .3. if this doesn't work try type Procexp.exe in start search box (process Explorer for Win10 type Taskmanager and clik on it above or type Run Taskmgr in search box near start button hit enter}, goto find, then find handler/dll, type in the filename and clik ok. it will show you the process's that are using that file. You can then turn that program or service off, see if the file is able to be sent now.
The Microsoft Safety Scanner http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
MAGNAVOX DTV Digital Television Converter box remote TB110MW9 code solution (or find one on ebay)
: The cheapest easiest fix we could find (after hours of looking for code for "one for all" universal to no avail), was to simply go to walmart and for $8 get the RCA universal remote, it has a special section in the code literature for DTV converter boxes (about 20 different brands including Magnovox)... it worked the first time.. easy to program (hold down dtc button at same time enter 5 digit code with other hand (51563), your're done, Easy). menu functions work as well with menu button, also program info can be gotten with the guide button, then use right arrow to access future program info, etc.. ) Nice unit, seems to be the only one for a decent price that we could find that was an immediate solution. It also allows for 2 other devices such as TV and DVD or VCR or DVR or Satelite units to be controlled from same unit.. i'd get 2 to use in different rooms so you don't have to re-learn a new remote every time you change rooms. also has learning feature, and quick learn if you can just enter the first code, if it doesn't work you simply hit power button to automatically go to next code for your device brand. neat. Not the ultimate but for the price very good.
*Use white tape and write all the codes for your devices such as DTC TV DTV DVD VCR DVR SATELLTE ETC on the back tape and tape it to the back of your universal remote to save you time.. also put the instructions for entering the code so you won't have to search again for the instruction next time arround, place instructions in safe place.
Welcome to INVENTPEACE.COM...TV ISSUES FREE TV & other tricks. This page is a catchall for interesting information on a myriad o
1. VCR or TV only plays in Black and White B/W or VCR won't record in color but will play back in color FIX: ie for EMATIC AT103 DTV converter box & others use remote control to set resolution below HDMI ie 720; Fixed ours. Also take off the thin plastic shrink wrap that is covering cooling vents on top. For other conv boxes use menu or remote to change to less than HDMI quality (old vcr's can't handle HDMI).
2. Free antenna using old satellite dish; take off the LNB* (2 small screws) ;solder or clip on a wire or 2 to the top of the dish, insulate so no wire touch's dish (if its grounded); waterproof all connection, AIM dish towards nearest DTV tower ( google search nearest DTV Tower), be sure to aim dish slightly downward towards the ground since the visual intuitive direction is wrong by about 20 to 30 deg. yeah it works great. FREE TV. We get over 50 channels clear. You'll probably want an outdoor antenna perhaps as high as 20 feet high (use 2 $10 top rail poles for chain link fence vertically since they telescope together easily; strap to facil board on side of house and run Rg6 cable wire into house** (really almost any wire that high will work although a directional antenna is best since all the DTV channels come from one tower vs old analog with towers all over the area ).
3. Free TV over internet is avail thru ROKU ($35 Roku box at Walmart connects makes your old late 1980's TV smart; can connect either the 3 RCA plugs (Yellow, red/ white or black) or to HDMI plug regular cable wire type. Get Roku ffree, Pluto.com free (100 channels), DoveChannelTV.com Free, etc and add/or Netflix $11/mo & others, Weather Nation Free; tons of news, movie's etc. all free.
4. Nearly Free Phone, MagicJack thru internet is only $2.50/mo.
* the LowNoiseBlocker (LNB) is the thing on the end of the satellite dish arm with the white opaque white cover; it amplifies a bit, blocks lower hz signals ie mhz (TV), & transforms the GHz Sat signal to a lower Hz, so it won't work with DTV, take it off and just if nothing else clip a wire onto the cable wire that is there upward toward where the end of the LNB used to be; waterproof all connections with either plastic tape or shrink wrap, etc.
** Usually you can simply use an existing cable wire from the old dish or cable co that runs into house .